Dating back to the early fourteenth century and expanded in two successive phases during the 1400s, presumably with works attributed to Brunelleschi among the others, the Palagio di Parte Guelfa in Florence was born as the seat of one of the most important magistrates of the Middle Ages in Florence. From the middle of the 16th century, starting with the intervention of Vasari, the factory underwent numerous transformations which modified its original conformation. It was only in the early 1900s that the building, which survived the demolitions linked to the rehabilitation of the centre of Florence, was the protagonist of the important restoration works, entrusted to Alfredo Lensi, which contributed to donating the current shape to the Palagio. The Palace, damaged once again by German mines in August 1944 and subsequently restored, is today one of the most representative buildings in the historic centre of Florence.
in the Catalogue